There are a lot of affiliate advertising programs available to help you monetize your blog, but it's important to evaluate those affiliate programs to ensure you choose the best one for your blog. Not every affiliate program is right for every blog. Follow the tips below to help you choose the affiliate advertising program that will help you earn the most money from your blog.
1. Reputable Sponsors and Products
Ines Koleva/E+/Getty Images
Make sure the affiliate program you choose works with reputable sponsors who are selling products that you would be comfortable buying yourself.
2. Product PricesChoose an affiliate program that offers products in a price range that is high enough so you'll actually make money from them but not too high that none of your readers can afford them. Choosing products in the $10-$500 range is generally a good balance.
3. CommissionsIn order for an affiliate program to be worth your while, the commission attached to the product you advertise on your blog has to be adequate. Look for commissions above 20%.
4. Payout Schedule and MethodBefore you join an affiliate program, make sure you'll be paid at least once per month. Also, check the minimum payout amount. $100 is typical for a minimum payout amount. Naturally, payout amounts less than $100 are even better. Finally, ensure that the payout method (PayPal, check, etc.) works for you.
5. TrackingChoose an affiliate program that provides adequate tracking tools, so you can see where your earnings are coming from and tweak your participation to maximize future earnings.
6. Customer SupportIf you have problems with your affiliate program, it's imperative that you can get the assistance you need in a timely manner. Be certain that the affiliate program you choose offers adequate customer support via email or telephone, so you can get the help you need when you need it.