The more you blog, the harder it can be to come up with fresh ideas to write about. Two of the most important parts of a blog are compelling content and frequent updates. Take a look at the following blog post ideas to spark your creative juices when you can't think of what to write about. Just remember to try to apply each of these ideas appropriately to your blog topic.
1. ListsPeople love lists, and just about any kind of list is bound to attract traffic. Top 10 lists, 5 things not to do, 3 reasons I love something, etc. Start with a number then take it from there.
2. How-toPeople love to find easy-to-follow instructions to help them accomplish a task. Whether you want to teach your readers how to throw the perfect curve ball or how to avoid getting bitten by a mosquito, the choice is yours.
You can write a review of just about anything on your blog. Take a look at the following suggestions:
The possibilities are nearly endless. Just think of something you've tried and write about your experience and thoughts.
4. PhotosPost a photo (or photos) related to your blog topic.
5. Link RoundupWrite a post that includes a list of links to other blog posts that published great posts or to websites you like.
6. Current EventsWhat's going on in the world? Write a post about an interesting bit of news.
7. TipsWrite a post to share tips to help your readers accomplish something in an easier, faster or cheaper way.
8. RecommendationsShare recommendations for your favorite books, websites, movies or other "favorites" related to your blog topic.
9. InterviewsInterview a prominent figure or expert in your blog topic then publish a blog post about it.
Register for an account with a site like PollDaddy.com
then publish a poll related to your blog topic in one of your blog posts.