You can easily increase traffic to your blog and extend the reach of your content by repurposing your blog posts. Content repurposing is a common tactic used by content marketers to build brands, and you can use it to build your blog, too.
However, it's important to understand the difference between repurposing content and republishing content. When you republish content, you simply copy it and publish duplicate content on multiple websites. This is a tactic that Google frowns upon and your blog could be removed from Google search rankings if you republish content. However, when you repurpose content, you're tweaking your original content and enhancing it for different websites. In other words, you're offering the same "story" in different ways. Following are 10 easy ways to repurpose your blog posts the right way so you can increase traffic to your blog.
1. Social Media Posts
Arda Guldogan/E+/Getty Images
When you publish a blog post, you can repurpose it into short-form content such as Twitter
, and Google+
, updates. Don't just publish the repurposed content on your social media profiles. Be sure to publish it in relevant groups that you belong to as well!
newsletters are a perfect place to repurpose content. Share a condensed version of your blog posts and be sure to include a link to read the full article on your blog for all the details. Don't forget to include a snippet of your best content and link to that content in your standard email signature line, too.
If you include interesting or useful images in your blog posts such as photographs, charts, and so on, create related pinboards on your Pinterest
profile so a broader audience can see them. Pin the images directly from your blog posts, so a link to your original post is accessible through the pin.
4. VideoIf you publish interesting blog posts that people find entertaining and meaningful, why not turn them into short videos, too? Some people prefer to watch videos rather than reading text. Make sure they don't miss your blog posts by filming brief videos to sum up your post content and publish them to your YouTube channel.
5. InfographicInfographics are extremely popular, so why not jump on the bandwagon and turn some of your blog posts into infographics? With some data and some creative flair, you or an infographic designer can put together a visual piece of content that is highly shareable.
6. EbookIf you write about a focused topic repeatedly, you can bundle some of your related posts together and turn them into an ebook. Offer the ebook for free download to increase traffic to your blog and gain more readers!
7. White PaperIf you publish a lot of instructional information, research posts, and data on your blog, then a white paper is a great way to present related data in a single place.
8. Press Release
If you publish any blog posts that are newsworthy about you, your blog, or your company, you can turn those posts into press releases to give them wider exposure. Submit them to free press release distribution sites
(or paid sites
if you have the budget) to help them spread even wider.
Just as you can turn a bundle of related blog posts into an ebook, you can also turn them into a presentation. Use a tool like SlideShare
to create a visually appealing and highly shareable presentation.
10. ForumsDo you participate in any online forums and message boards related to your blog's topic? If so, you can repurpose your blog posts and turn them into useful forum posts and responses to other members' posts. You can also include a snippet of your best content (with a link to the original source) in your forum signature.